Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Appeal

I've recently realized that some readers of this blog have interesting blogs of their own. If you are one of them, send me an email and I'll begin a list of "blogs that I follow" or something like that (after all, isn't that what bloggers do?).

I'm not referring to personal or family blogs, or makers of the world's best cupcakes or omelettes. I'm also not very interested in politics, economics, or comparative religions. I'm talking in particular about people (both Muslims and non-Muslims, which does include everybody!) who are thinking about Islam and its Prophet, who are learning on their own and want to engage "the other" (that is the Muslim for the non-Muslim and the non-Muslim for the Muslim) in meaningful discussion. I'm not talking about people so set in beliefs and opinions they learned as a child that they are not open to seeing things, even very important things, in a new way.

So if you are one of those and have a blog you are working on, or one that you like, that falls in the above category, let me know. Bloggers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your _______."

(Sorry, Mr. Marx, I just couldn't think of a good word to finish that sentence)

2 comments:

critical mind said...

dear quotable quote,
I do have my own blog discussing about faith especially Christianity vs Islam, but it's in my native language. Ido find that your blog is very informative that i admittedly sometimes refer to it. I hope you don't mind.

Quotable Quotes: said...

Critical mind,
Au contraire - on the contrary, I am honored that you refer to what I write, and I wish you the best.